Saturday, November 28, 2009

Will running marathons make you grow old faster? i.e. Grey hair.....?

Nope. I believe that the corporate jobs will kill you much quicker! Stress is what does all the aging in people, in my opinion. I may be totally wrong but its logical to me. Well I guess that running a marathon would be stress also but stress in the positive way shouldn't make you older faster because it stimulates endorphins in the body where as regular job related stress is mostly negative.



Will running marathons make you grow old faster? i.e. Grey hair.....?

No. It should make you fitter and give you a longer life.



Will running marathons make you grow old faster? i.e. Grey hair.....?

I dont know if running will give you gray hair faster, but it is certainly good for you! (And besides, you can always dye your hair). I know a 65 year old man who still runs marathons--seriously. He has been running all his life and he is healthier than I am--and I'm in my twenties. Also, my grandfather used to run marathons. Now he is 86 and he can still take day-long hikes. He is in such great shape! Long distance running really increases your blood flow and strengthens your heart. So, even if it does make your hair go gray, I think it is worth it because it makes you so much healthier and gives you a better quality to life when you are older.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
poor credit