Sunday, June 20, 2010

Does anyone know how to put grey / silver highlights into your hair?

I'm a Native American woman who has been grey since I was 16. My hair is very long and curly and my natural colour was dark brown / black, but I've had to colour it from about the age of 20 because of the grey. About 5 years ago I started adding blond highlights because the roots were showing so quickly. Then I had to stop colouring it while I was pregnant and the shock really came. My hair is almost completely silver! It really is silver, not grey at all. So now I have decided not to colour it anymore. I have visions of having long thick curly silver hair, which I think will look quite striking. The problem is that I now have about 4 inches of silver hair and the bottom 12 inches is dark brown. Does anyone know an effective way of colouring or highlighting the dark brown hair into silver while I wait for it to finish growing out? At the moment it looks really odd and in-between. The salons I've spoken to don't seem to want to know. I don't want to cut it, short hair doesn't suit me.



Does anyone know how to put grey / silver highlights into your hair?

The average salon won't do this for you, as it requires stripping the hair. Most stylists are all worried about over processing and damage and things that only happen when you fail to recondition the hair as you work.



So I recommend calling around to the nicer salons in your area and trying to track down a corrective colorist. It would work like this.



First, all the brown needs to be removed from the bottom 12 inches and it needs to be done so as not to get onto the natural hair. It needs to be processed until all the red tones are out. If they don't come out the first time and it's left orange, then it needs to be done again.



From here there are colors that are silver or salt and pepper, but the salon will most likely have to order it special or buy it from a supply store. It's not normally on hand.



After this process you'll need to switch to a shampoo called "So Silver", I believe it's by Matrix. This will keep the tones good while you wait on the artificial silvering to grow out.



Expect for about 3-4 inches to need to be cut off and it will be a costly undertaking.



Another option that you'll find a more willing stylist for is it low light your roots. If done very finely, in a woven pattern, it will break up your roots enough so that it'll appear to blend into the brown at the bottom. It will leave silver in there. You need this done less often compared to hilights. You'll have to go as dark if not darker than the bottom color.



Once the solid brown has grown out, then stop low lighting it and it'll grow out much better than solid brown.



But before getting the low lights, explain to the stylist what your ultimate goal is, which is to be color free. That way it isn't done too thick.



Does anyone know how to put grey / silver highlights into your hair?

a salon??



Does anyone know how to put grey / silver highlights into your hair?

bleach the strips u want silver than die it.



Does anyone know how to put grey / silver highlights into your hair?

If I were you I would have the dark hair cut off, (your hair will grow back) and I can imagine you must look amazing - stunning even! What a colour!



Maybe having short hair for a while is a small price to pay - you may even find you have compliments!



Does anyone know how to put grey / silver highlights into your hair?

I never saw hair colouring to silver or grey, I only saw from silver or grey to another colour but could a very white shade of blond work as a temporary color to cover the dark brown as it will contrast less with the silver until it grows out.



Does anyone know how to put grey / silver highlights into your hair?

try living with my misses for 20 years



Does anyone know how to put grey / silver highlights into your hair?

That sounds like a gorgeous look! I've never heard of coloring or highlighting silver, but here's what you can do: call or email the Clairol helpline and ask. If it's possible, they would know. Here's the site: http://www.clairol.com/ask-clairol/ask-c...



Good luck!



Does anyone know how to put grey / silver highlights into your hair?

Id go to a salon and ask for a very light ash head of highlights. for the first few days ash highlight look very silver anyways (mine always do) then go a silver blonde colour. if your whole head is this colour, then the roots will blend much better when they grow back. but congrats on having gorgeous hair!!



Does anyone know how to put grey / silver highlights into your hair?

it could be seriously expensive getting it done properly. you could just cut it short enough untill it grows back it might suprise how quick hair actually grows. i had my hair cut short recently but it keeps on growing again it's quite anoying.



i was looking at the self dye kits in my local phamacy a few years ago and i swear there was one for silver or grey haired peoples. i don't know where you could get it from though have you tryed searching google.



Does anyone know how to put grey / silver highlights into your hair?

I do not really understand you, but I think maybe you can do up your hair, and put an hairpin inside it, that will hide your brown hair. If it can't be hide completely, never mind, see the following web page, the model's hair is in two colors too, it looks fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
poor credit