Thursday, June 17, 2010

I am contemplating dying the grey out of my very dark brown hair...?

I'm 37 years old, and I've never permanently dyed my hair all over. I've had mild highlights twice, and I used a nonpermanent dark brown dye from the drugstore once (it came out black--probably a shade or two darker than my natural shade).



My question is this: If I dye my hair, say at a salon, at my natural color, what happens to the grey when my hair starts to grow. Will it look stupid if I decide that I hate having my hair dyed? My hair is slightly longer than shoulder length and naturally very wavy to curly. I'm a low maintenance kind of person, so I don't want to have to do a lot of daily work.



Thanks!



I am contemplating dying the grey out of my very dark brown hair...?

dye the grey bits only.



I am contemplating dying the grey out of my very dark brown hair...?

I got my hair dyed at a salon ... the stylist was great and chose a wonderful color for me ... but yes, it needs upkeep. Not daily, but you'll have to go back every month or two to have your roots done because they will start to show after a while. To minimize it, have the stylist dye your hair the same color as it is naturally, and if your gray is just at your temples, you may not have to go back as often for touch-ups. But ask the stylist for their advice also - just don't get a new all-over color if you want to keep the upkeep of the color down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
poor credit